DuPont Tychem 6000 FR - TP199T GY - Hooded Coverall
Tychem® 6000 FR - TP199T GY - Hooded Coverall
Tychem® 6000 FR offers a single layer garment that provides triple hazard protection from liquid-chemical splash, flash fire and electric arc. Tychem® 6000 FR garments are designed to combine the trusted chemical protection of Tychem® and thermal/arc protection of Nomex® into a single layer garment. Tychem® 6000 FR garments are designed to help provide industrial workers and Hazmat responders with permeation protection against a broad range of toxic industrial chemicals and chemical warfare agents and to provide escape time from flash fires and protection from electric arc.
Tychem® 6000 FR fabric provides at least eight hours breakthrough protection against 17 of the 21 standard ASTM F1001 chemicals and at least 30 minutes of protection for more than 180 chemical challenges including chemical warfare agents. The arc rating of Tychem® 6000 FR fabric is 15 cal/cm² Ebt . This exceeds the NFPA 70E Hazard Risk Category 2 requirement of 8 cal/cm².
- HazMat Teams in Fire Departments
- Industrial Fire Brigades
- Clandestine Lab Investigation
- Industrial Chemical Processing Plants
- Certified to NFPA 1992 (2018) and NFPA 2112 (2018)
- Taped seams provide strong chemical resistance against heavy liquid splashes. A sewn seam is covered with a strip of compatible chemical-resistant material through heat sealing.
- Attached respirator-fit hood with drawstring to pull tightly around respirator; longer zipper extends to chin for complete coverage of neck area.
- Storm flap covers zipper which can be secured by the wearer with rugged hook and loop material to prevent intrusion at zipper
- Elastic opening for tighter fit at wrist
- Integrated socks composed of garment material
- Attached flaps are designed to cover boot tops to help reduce potential for liquid intrusion
- Gray color for discretionary needs such as law enforcement or military applications
- Made in the USA, North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) compliant and Trade Agreement Act (TAA) compliant
- The garment shall be constructed of DuPont™ Tychem® 6000 FR -- a patented fabric made with a multi-layer composite barrier film laminated to a DuPont™ Nomex® substrate.
- The garment shall be gray in color.
- The garment shall be a hooded coverall design.
- The garment shall have taped seams.
- The tape used to cover the seams shall be a film composite with equal to or greater chemical resistance than the base fabric.
- The garment shall meet the Hazard Risk Category 2 requirements of NFPA 70E as determined by an independent, third party laboratory.
- The garment shall be certified to NFPA 1992 by an independent, third party laboratory.
- The garment shall be certified to NFPA 2112 by an independent, third party laboratory.
- The garment shall have a respirator fit hood w/ drawstrings.
- The garment shall have a front zipper closure.
- The zipper shall be covered with a double storm flap with hook and loop closure.
- The garment shall have elastic wrists.
- The garment shall have attached socks with outer boot flaps.
- The garment shall have soles made of garment material.