MSA Altair 5X Multigas Detector
The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously and is now available with integrated PID sensor for VOC detection. Driven by advanced MSA XCell® Sensor Technology, the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector delivers faster response time, better stability, accuracy, longer service life, and cost savings over the life of the instrument.
Built upon Durability:
The ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector for LEL, O2 and toxic gas detection is as tough and functional as it looks. A rugged, rubberized polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 10-foot drop. Inside, a field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow without the concerns of externally-attached components. Ergonomic design, glove-friendly buttons and high-contrast display make the ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector easy to use for all applications.
Powered by Performance:
Toughness and durability are only part of the story. The real strength of the ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector comes from state-of-the-art sensor technology. By miniaturizing sensor-controlling electronics and placing them inside the sensor itself, MSA XCell Sensors offer superior stability, accuracy, repeatability, and a typical life of more than double the industry average.
MSA XCell Sensors are a breakthrough in chemical and mechanical sensor design, enabling faster response and span calibration times, saving you time, calibration gas, maintenance costs, and in turn, money. But most importantly, saving seconds in response time can also mean saving lives.
In addition to MSA XCell Sensors, the ALTAIR 5X Detectorcan be equipped with advanced PID options for VOC detection. Our wide variety of IR sensors covers many gases and ranges including CO2.
Flexibility & Connectivity to Meet Your Needs:
MSA’s ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector is configurable with either high-resolution color or monochrome LCD display with 18 built-in languages. MSA’s Logo Express® Service is available to customize the color display. Interchangeable plug-and-play slots for MSA XCell Sensors indicated means that up to six gases can be monitored simultaneously. The ALTAIR 5X Detector is fully compatible with the MSA GALAXY® GX2 Automated Test System and MSA Link™ Pro and MSA Link Software to efficiently manage your entire fleet.
Less calibration gas used:
- Requires about half of test gas typically used for calibration and bump tests.
- Rapid bump test gives results in less than 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
High performance XCell Sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than 4 years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, SO2, CO/NO2 and CO (high concentration) sensors.
- Typical life greater than 3 years for NH3 and Cl2 sensors.
- Most sensor response and clear times <15 seconds.
- MSA10115120: Standard Kit with Monochrome Display, 10-ft sampling line, 1-ft probe, LEL, O2, CO, H2S, CSA/UL
- MSA10115141: Standard Kit with Monochrome Display, 10-ft sampling line, 1-ft probe LEL, O2, CO, H2S,SO2,CSA/UL
- MSA10115142: Deluxe Kit with Color Display, 10-Ft Sampling Line, 1-ft probe, LEL, O2, CO, H2S, CSA/UL
- MSA10115143: Deluxe Kit with Color Display, 10-Ft Sampling Line, 1-ft probe,LEL, O2, CO, H2S, SO2, CSA/UL
- MSA10115119: Instrument Only with Monochrome Display, LEL, O2, CO, H2S, SO2, CSA
- MSA10115118: Instrument Only with Monochrome Display, LEL, O2, CO, H2S, CSA
- MSA10165445: Instrument Only with Color Display, LEL, O2, CO, H2S, PID, CSA
- MSA10165446: Deluxe Kit with Color Display, 10-Ft Sampling Line, 1-ft probe, LEL,O2, CO,H2S, PID,CSA
- MSA10160193: Deluxe Kit with Color Display, 10-Ft Sampling Line, 1-ft probe, LEL,O2, CO, H2S, HCN
- MSA10160201: Standard Kit with Monochrome Display, 10-ft sampling line, 1-ft probe, LEL, O2, CO, H2S, HCN
- Detects combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine, VOCs, and many others depending upon sensor configuration.
- Rugged overmolded polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including ability to survive 10-ft. (3m) drop; IP65-certified.
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow, eliminating concerns of externally-attached components.
- MotionAlert feature option tells others that user has become immobile.
- InstantAlert feature provides manual alarm to alert others as to a potentially hazardous situation.
- PID option allows for accurate, reliable VOC response with programmable reference factors.
- Large buttons and bright display provide easy operation, even when users wear gloves.
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions users when unit's sensor nears end-of-life.
- Versatile MSA Link™ Software allows users to transmit data to a computer.
- Compatible with GALAXY® GX2 Test System and MSA Link Pro Software for fleet management.
- Wireless bluetooth included standard
- Drop Test: 10 feet
- Housing: Rugged rubberized armor
- Weight: 1 lb (without IR sensor)
- Dimensions (L X W X D): 6.69'' H x 3.49'' W x 1.79'' D (without belt clip, PID, or IR sensor)
- Audible Alarm: >95 dB typical
- Visual Alarm: 2 ultra-bright LEDs, on top
- Vibrating Alarm: Standard
- Motion Alert& Instant Alert: Standard
- Display: High-contrast monochrome or color display
- Backlight: Adjustable time-out
- Battery: Rechargeable Li-ION or AA alkaline
- Run Time: 20 hrs @ room temperature
- Ingress Protection: IP65
- Standard Warranty: 3 years on CO, H2S, LEL, O2, SO2, and IR sensors / 2 years on NH3, Cl2 sensors / 1 year on other sensors
- Combustible Detection
- Toxic Detection
- Oxygen Detection
- Confined Space
- Fire Service
- Oil & Gas