The Cerex Monitoring Solutions Micro Hound is a point analyzer designed to detect part per billion (ppb) to percent level concentrations of multiple gases within a mixture. The Micro Hound measures gas concentrations using ultraviolet light absorption. Individual gas fingerprints are compared against calibrated library spectra for an accurate detection and quantification of each gas within a mixture. UV, absorption utilizes similar principles as infrared, but offers greater detection sensitivity for many chemicals and no effect by humidity. The UVDOAS method needs no calibration.
The touchscreen interface reports reliable concentration data up to once per second and stores all spectral data for later post processing or archiving. Continuous Monitoring Software (CMS) allows for easy data collection with instant trend-charting of concentrations all in real-time.
The Micro Hound is also completely portable with the use of internal battery power. This allows analysis of previously unmonitored areas. Detachable sample tube enables monitoring of confined area spaces, tanks, drums, and restricted areas that are otherwise inaccessible.
Handheld and ready for gas detection and analysis with the flip of a switch. Within seconds the sampling system is operating and reporting data on the built-in touchscreen. Despite the advanced detection system employed in the Hound series, accurate results can be achieved out of the box.
The Hound detects gas concentrations by measuring UV absorption – the unique drop in the UV intensity within a particular wavelength region where the gas of interest absorbs. The Hound uses a miniature spectrometer coupled to an optical sample cell to acquire and measure the spectral fingerprint of each gas within a mixture for accurate quantitative and quantifiable analysis.
Remote Internet Access Capabilities
Cerex analyzers have the ability to be accessed from any pc worldwide, via the internet. A local internet line is required for the analyzer. The system can utilize an optional USB cellular modem to allow internet connectivity and remote access. Gas alarms and data may be sent to any device capable of receiving email.
- Individually monitor regulated VOCs without cross interference
- Inherent calibration: No Bump Calibration, Ever!
- Touchscreen Interface
- User configurable audible and visual alarms
- Integrated WiFi
- Configurable Email alerts and data logs
- Universal data file output
- Low cost of ownership
- Simultaneous multi-gas detection capabilities
- Unaffected by humidity
- Part per billion minimum detection limits
- Cannot be Poisoned
- Input Voltage (Charger): 100VAC to 240VAC , Single Phase 47-63Hz
- Input Current: 4A Max
- Operating Ambient Temperature: 0 to +45ºC
- Storage Temperature: -10 to 60 ºC
- Operating and Storage Humidity: Below 80% (Non-condensing)
- Dimensions: 19.78" x 15.77" x 7.41" (50.2 x 40 x 18.8 cm)
- Weight: 46 Lbs
- Lamp Life: ~4000 Hours Minimum
- Battery Life: 3.5 Hours STD, 14.5 Hour Optional
- Path Length: 2 meters
- Spectral Range: 185nm to 400nm
- Spectral Resolution: 0.05nm or 0.20nm
- Intake Particulate Filter: < 25 Micron
- Sample Intake Rate: 15 CFM
|Manufacturer||Cerex Monitoring Solutions|
|Alarm Type||Audible and visual alarms|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer Rechargeable Battery|
|Display Type||LCD Colour|
|Dimensions||19.78" x 15.77" x 7.41" (50.2 x 40 x 18.8 cm)|
|Unit of Measure||Each|