The Air-O-Cell is a unique sampling cassette designed for the rapid collection of a wide range of airborne particulates of both viable and non-viable aero-allergens. It is specifically designed to capture:
- Bioaerosols: mold spores, pollen, insect parts, skin cell fragments
- Fibers: asbestos, fiberglass, cellulose, clothing fibers, synthetics
- Inorganic Particulate: ceramic, fly ash, copy toner, oil droplets, paint
- Other Opaque Particulates: products of combustion, rust, salts
The Air-O-Cell operates upon the principle of inertial impaction. Particulate laden air is accelerated as it is drawn through the cassettes tapered inlet slit and directed towards a small slide containing the collection media, where the particles become impacted, and the air flow continues out the exit orifice. The adhesive nature of the collection media prevents the collected particulate from blurring or being washed off during the laboratory staining process, and eliminates sample loss from vibration during handling and shipment.
After sampling is completed, the cassettes are sent to a laboratory, where the slides are removed and direct microscopic analysis can be immediately performed. The collection media is compatible with a wide range of biological stains and refractive index oils, allowing direct quantitative analysis of organic and inorganic particulate.
The Air-O-Cell can be used with any standard off-the-shelf area sampling pump capable of drawing 15 LPM open flow. The small compact size makes Air-O-Cell suitable for use in confined or restrictive spaces.
- Industry proven & accepted
- Independently validated Laboratory preferred
- easy to analyze
- Proven results
- No sample loss during shipping & handling
- Pre-loaded, no slides to prepare
* Air-O-Cell cassettes have a limited shelf life.